Shri. M. Kamal Naidu, I.F.S (Retd.)
Former Principal Chief Conservator of Forest,
Govt of A.P
Shri. Kamal Naidu, I.F.S (Retd.) is widely known for his love of nature & wildlife. His dedication to forest & wildlife preservation has been recognized by many prestigious awards:
- 'Man of the Year' - Forest and Environment 1998
- Kinnera UBR 'Outstanding Civil Servant' - 1994
- Ramakrishna Mutt's , Vivekananda Institute of Human Excellence "Life Time Achievement Award" for Environmental Conservation, 2004
- Civilian Awardee of the "SHAURYA CHAKRA", an Indian military decoration for valour, courageous action or self-sacrifice while not engaged in direct action with the enemy
Shri. A.B.K. Prasad
Dr. Anne Bhavani Koteswara Prasad, popularly known as ABK - is referred to with reverence as the doyen of vernacular journalism of Andhra Pradesh. With a colourful journalistic career spread over 50 years Dr. ABK has the singular honour of being the Editor of all the mainstream journals of Andhra Pradesh. At present, he is heading the A.P.Official Language Commission as its Chairman.
A profile writer, Dr. ABK penned thousands of editorials that were compiled into ten volumes. Apart from his editorial collections Dr. ABK compiled a dictionary for the exclusive use of Telugu Journalists. His book "Paradheena Bharatham" - a critical study of Economic Policies implemented by various Governments - won him accolades and encomiums. He toured Russia along with Shri Rajiv Gandhi to cover events, West Germany as a guest of the Republic, and also visited the U.S.A, Malaysia and Singapore.
Dr. ABK is respected as a scholar journalist throughout the country. Many regional, national and international institutions have the privilege of showering prestigious awards upon Dr. ABK:
- Recipient of "Doctor of Letters" (Honorary/D.Litt) from famous Kakatiya University (Warangal-1998).
- Patrakar Shiromani award (Calcuta-1975) by All India Multilingual Conference.
- Editor of the Decade with Gold Medal (Hyderabad - 1986)
- Harmony award (Delhi - 1995) for writing on National Integration & Communal Harmony.
- GK Reddy National Memorial award with Gold Medal (Delhi - 1997) received from the then Prime Minister.
- "20th Century Achievement Award" by American Biographical Institute, USA.
- Khasa Subbarao award (Madras Telugu Academy - 2000)
- Kalasagar award (Madras - 2001)
- Dr.Harivanshrai Bachan award for journalism (2003, Bombay)
- "Lifetime Achievement Award" ("Aajeevan Safalataa Puraskar") by "Indian Press Council" (AP Chapter), 2004.
Dr.Bhagath Kumar Potu, Ph.D. in Human Anatomy
Dr.Bhagath Kumar Potu, has received his Medical Masters and PhD in Human anatomy from Manipal University.
Currently, he is working as an Assistant Professor of Anatomy in Arabian Gulf University, Bahrain. Before joining Bahrain, he has successfully completed his Administrative responsibilities as a co-ordinator of Anatomy in West Indies and Malaysia for more than 3 years. His research has included anatomical studies and case surgical anatomy reports. Based on this research and fellowship training, he has received several awards and honours, such as Best Teacher award at Manipal University. He is serving as an international advisory member for the editorial board of several reputed journals including European Journal of General Medicine, SPG Cell Biology Journal & expert Reviewers for journals like BMC Research Notes, Clinical Anatomy etc.. He has authored more than 100 medical research articles.